A PROGRAM FOR AGES U8 TO U15 & ALL SKILL LEVELS
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR SPRING 2019
Fredericksburg FC has been the largest soccer club in Fredericksburg and Greater Area since 1986. The Recreation Program can be seen as the first step of introducing the game of soccer to a young player or be seen as a development phase in order to move on to more competitive programming. Many of our players stay within our recreational program and enjoy a long and challenging career without moving on to travel soccer.
For Players that seek competitive level training and games, we offer our Youth Academy Program which starts at age 8 and continues to age 10. The FFC Travel Soccer program caters for ages 11 and above.
The FFC Recreation Program is a low cost, non-travel program for Fredericksburg, Virginia, with many players coming from surrounding counties including Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania and Stafford County.
The Recreation Program utilizes age-appropriate field sizes, team sizes and has a strong emphasis on the development of young soccer players, with game results given less importance.
The program is coached by volunteers, generally consisting of parents of recreation players (and most of which with US Soccer coaching licenses), but some volunteer coaches participate for the love and promotion of the game of soccer and education of participants. If you are interested in coaching a team or two with FFC Recreation Soccer, please contact the FFC Recreation Director at: [email protected].
FFC recreation teams play all games at FFC Park - some of the best soccer fields in Fredericksburg and the surrounding area. Games are generally played on Saturday mornings. Depending on age group, training (or "practice") sessions are held up to two times during the week.
Benefits and Highlights
- Age-appropriate field sizes, team sizes and programming, following US Youth Soccer guidelines
- Fredericksburg FC strives to make soccer a fun, safe and accessible activity for children of all genders, social and economic backgrounds
- Recreation Coaches receive training & support from licensed Fredericksburg Football Club's Coaching Staff
- All Games are played at FFC Park @ Spotsylvania Sportsplex Facility (7 Bermuda Grass Fields)
- Free Goal Keeper Training is also offered to interested FFC Recreation soccer players
Games and Training
There is no travel required for practices or games.
- Practice/Training is typically held 2 times a week (days and times will be determined by the coach) at FFC Park. Typically, coaches pick alternate days at the same time (e.g. Mon/Wed at 5pm, Tue/Thu at 6pm, etc.)
- Games are typically played on Saturday mornings on age-appropriate sized fields at FFC Park, FFC's own soccer facility with seven full-size Bermuda grass fields. The season typically consists of 8 games.
All Recreation players wear FFC uniforms (or "kit") which can be used for multiple seasons as well as other programs that FFC offer. The FFC Recreation Uniform consists of the following items:
- 1x Red Adidas Squadra 17 Jersey*
- 1x Black Adidas Squadra 17 Jersey*
- 1x Black Adidas Shorts (e.g. adidas Parma 16 Shorts)
- 1x Black Adidas Socks (e.g. adidas Metro IV Socks)
*NOTE: the adidas Squadra 17 Jersey is required for the Fall 2018 season.
Uniforms can be purchased from www.soccer.com. After registration, FFC will email you a link to purchase your uniform. For Spring 2019 season, the email should arrive after 31 January 2019.
FFC offers the recreation soccer program for all ages between U8 and U19. Age groups follow US Youth soccer guidelines. Click Here to identify your child's age group.
FFC will form co-ed teams based on the following age groups. Should the number of registrations in an age group be sufficient to have at least 4 separate girls and at least 4 separate boys teams, this will be considered instead of coed.
- U8 coed (5 v 5 including goalkeepers) - players born 2011/2012
- U10 coed (7 v 7) - players born 2009/2010
- U12 coed (9 v 9) - players born 2007/2008
- U15 coed (11 v 11) - players born 2004/2005/2006
Age appropriate development is the basis of FFC's full range of soccer programming, including our Recreation program.
In addition, coaches are guided to "let the game teach itself" using the Play-Practice-Play (or Whole-Part-Whole) methods suggested by both US Soccer and United Soccer Coaches. Volunteer Recreation Coaches are monitored and mentored by full-time FFC Travel Coaches, offering guidance and training opportunities that benefit both the volunteer coach and the players.
The FFC Recreation program is based on progressive learning. Our youngest players start with fewer players on the field, a small ball and no goalkeepers; coaches are also out on the field guiding players as they go.
As players grow and develop with age, the field size changes, number of players and ball size gradually increase, goalkeepers are introduced as well as referees to facilitate the games.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR SPRING 2019
Interested in coaching? Click here